About Sandra Rotholc RP RSW RMFT CST
Sandra Rotholc began her post-secondary education at the University of Western Ontario where she studied Philosophy and Social Work. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Bachelor of Social Work, she furthered her studies at the University of Toronto. She obtained her Masters in Social Work.
From her love of learning about new cultures, she has traveled extensively through Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Asia and North America. While living in London, England, she furthered her education and studied Psycho-Sexual Therapy.
Believing in the influence of relaxation and stress management in coping with everyday life, she traveled to the United States to learn Therapeutic Touch from the founding members, Dora Kuntz and Doloris Kreiger. She has training and experience in a variety of couple and family therapy models, including Narrative Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, PACT and RLT.
While living in Vancouver, she worked for the British Columbia Cancer Agency where she utilized her psycho-sexual training to work with Breast and Prostate Cancer patients. She continued her work with Cancer patients in Toronto within her private practice and volunteering to run a sex education group at Princess Margaret Hospital.
She currently lives in Toronto and has a private practice, offering individual and couple counselling. She has been on television (City TV), published in Toronto Star, Chatelaine, A Breast in the West, Wish and Glow Magazine. She has been featured in documentaries promoting better communication for married couples ( Slice: How to Make Love to My Wife).
Sandra Rotholc is a registrant in good standing with the College of Social Workers (RSW), the College of Registered Psychotherapists (RP), Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (RMFT). As well as a Certified member of the Board of Examiners in Sex therapy and Counselling in Ontario (CST).
- RP, Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (www.crpo.ca)
- RSW, Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers ( https://www.ocswssw.org/)
- RMFT, Registered Marriage and Family Therapist with the Canadian Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (www.camft.ca)
- OAMFT, Certified Couple and Family Therapist with the Ontario Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (rmft.oamft.com)
- CST, Certified Member of the Board of Examiners in Sexual Therapy and Counselling in Ontario (www.bestco.info)